How to post pictures...

Sac

If you are new to using a forum or are not familiar with this software, this thread will be about how to add pictures to your posts.. Here are the steps..

First you need to make sure that you are using the full editor. You can get to the full editor if you click the "Reply" at the bottom of the post.. If you use the quick editor, make sure that you click the "Use Full Editor" button.

post-68-082571500 1281400411_thumb.jpg post-68-095652900 1281401480_thumb.jpg

Then scroll down to the "Click To Attach Files" button.

post-68-089525400 1281400490_thumb.jpg

When you click the button, this window will pop up,

post-68-001352400 1281400561_thumb.jpg

Select the picture that you want to upload, and press the "Open" button.

After you select the pics that you want, they will show up at the bottom like this.

post-68-062813400 1281400818_thumb.jpg

Now doing this will attach a picture to the post. This is useful when you are posting a plan, PDF, or other types of files. If you want the picture to be in your post and open up in a box on the screen, then you can click the "Add to Post" link that is to the right of the picture that you want in your post.

post-68-068535400 1281401103_thumb.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to post them. I hope that this helps..

• 3 weeks later...

Marc, I am not complaining about the size of the pictures, my frustration was not being able to make them smaller. Sac helped me out and what I did was to email the original pictures to myself and use the "do you want to email this pictures on a smaller format" feature, then saved them to my desktop (easy to find), used the pictures to post in this great forum and deleted the duplicate pictures from my desktop.

I have a very old laptop (2005).

Thank you for this forum, is really great.

Unfortunately, the most I can do to restrict image size is to decrease the file size. There is nothing that forces a re-size of the resolution. So if anyone is wondering, 800x600 is probably a decent size for uploading to the forum.

If you are new to using a forum or are not familiar with this software, this thread will be about how to add pictures to your posts.. Here are the steps..

First you need to make sure that you are using the full editor. You can get to the full editor if you click the "Reply" at the bottom of the post.. If you use the quick editor, make sure that you click the "Use Full Editor" button.

post-68-082571500 1281400411_thumb.jpg post-68-095652900 1281401480_thumb.jpg

Then scroll down to the "Click To Attach Files" button.

post-68-089525400 1281400490_thumb.jpg

When you click the button, this window will pop up,

post-68-001352400 1281400561_thumb.jpg

Select the picture that you want to upload, and press the "Open" button.

After you select the pics that you want, they will show up at the bottom like this.

post-68-062813400 1281400818_thumb.jpg

Now doing this will attach a picture to the post. This is useful when you are posting a plan, PDF, or other types of files. If you want the picture to be in your post and open up in a box on the screen, then you can click the "Add to Post" link that is to the right of the picture that you want in your post.

post-68-068535400 1281401103_thumb.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to post them. I hope that this helps..

What about inserting pictures into a Blog posting? I have tried it and an error message keeps saying that I can not use "image" extensions in this posting ??????

What about inserting pictures into a Blog posting? I have tried it and an error message keeps saying that I can not use "image" extensions in this posting ??????

What kind of pics are you trying to post? Are they local from you computer or are they hosted somewhere online?

What kind of pics are you trying to post? Are they local from you computer or are they hosted somewhere online?

I am trying to post pics from my "Gallery" ... but I would really like to have them come directly from my computer.

Is there any way around this ... or can you only post "attachment" pics in the Blog section?

• 1 month later...

There's something wrong with your picture, Chester.... it is WAAAY too clean :)

Nice shop.. like the below-floor DC hookup.

Yes, too clean ... I'm between projects but getting ready to make a huge mess with a new shelving project for the Kids. The DC system that goes down and through the floor is great. From a picture, you would hardly know that I have a DC system.

Chester

• 3 weeks later...

Are jpeg's not acceptable? I tried to upload some tonight and got a message "That type of file is not allowed". ???

Also, is there a way to get hosted images in the gallery?

That's odd. jpegs should be allowed. Any chance you can send the file to me or maybe even post it here so I can test it out?

And unfortunately, I don't believe the software allows hosted images in the Gallery.

I tried to attach a .jpg and after clicking "Attach This File" it gave me this error: "Error This upload failed". Any ideas? Also, I did not see any "Attachments" dialog box as Sac showed, but maybe this only shows up if I select more than one picture. What I did see is the file path showing in the field to the left of the browse button after I clicked the Open button. As mentioned above, I then clicked the “Attach This File” button followed by the error message. Thanks