Greetings from Pittsburgh

daninhim

Greetings Marc, Marc's lovely wife, and Marc's loyal subjects. Thanks everyone for their well rounded advice over the years, looking forward to many more. As for me, I've had what you could call a workshop for about 4 years now, and have spent most of the time creating built-in furniture after renovating our house. Marc actually listed my workshop in his Shop Of The Week a while back. I've made some improvements since then.

Okay so let's see, my turn-ons include long walks through the lumber yard, Home Depot gift cards, and people who know how to spell wenge. My turn-offs include kickbacks, glue drips, and stripped screws (heh, that last one almost sounded dirty). My most recent significant project was this entertainment unit made out of baltic birch ply and reclaimed sycamore floorboards from an old barn, as seen here and here.

Nope.

There's a few good places around town; the way I've found most of them is through a buddy, who runs a supply house and classes out of his shop in McKee's Rocks. DiLegno Wood Supply

Clark Deco and Molding sells some great finishing products, and Don's Custom Milling seems good for lumber. Any other suggestions on things I should be digging for, let me know. :-)

• 4 months later...

From 15235.

Going to have a look at about 500-1000bf of walnut this afternoon. Mostly 4/4 with some 8/4 stock. Not sure where in the hell I'm going to put it if I wind up with some/all of it... but I'll worry about those details later. (My current stash is about 400bf of curly maple, 250bf of white oak, 250 bf of cherry, 100bf of hard maple, 100bf of red oak, plus a few interesting odds and ends (ebony, basswood, walnut, pecan))

Again Greetings Mike,

My computer is a mark I Bozo Puter. It sometimes has a mind? of it's own. Anyway welcome to the site. Since I know you are no stranger to the forum, I thought I'd say hello anyway. Management (wife) is from Fairchance, about fifty miles south. She drilled with the Naval Reserve in Pitsburgh for several years. We spend a lot of time in the area.