Rocking Horse

JayWC

I found this design in a WOOD magazine in 2009 and built it for my daughter. There are many more complicated designs out there, but this one was a weekend build and has enjoyed much use with no worries.

The first pic is my step-son in the shop. The completed horse is next. The next pic is my daughter and her cousin (my nephew) on the horse. The last pic is my daughter riding it last night.

post-3726-0-05638200-1301488919_thumb.jp

post-3726-0-70449600-1301488923_thumb.jp

post-3726-0-85795500-1301488930_thumb.jp

post-3726-0-44945100-1301488939_thumb.jp

I found this design in a WOOD magazine in 2009 and built it for my daughter. There are many more complicated designs out there, but this one was a weekend build and has enjoyed much use with no worries.

The first pic is my step-son in the shop. The completed horse is next. The next pic is my daughter and her cousin (my nephew) on the horse. The last pic is my daughter riding it last night.

Love the stripey trousers. Your little lady is a very lucky girl to have such a dad. When you're not making for her, do you ever make anything for your self or even your WIFE.

Looks a great design, very stable and much more fun than a dead lookalike horse that everyone is scared to rock the hell out of incase they do some damage. Kids hate to be given something and then constantly warned not to use it incase they break it.

Brilliant!

• 5 months later...