template needed

I've thought about this as well, as my parents are mexican domino fiends.

That Rockler jig gives me an idea. You'd have to do the measuring/layout first, and put it on a "template piece"... then to the drill press. In short, you'd be making your own template.

Of course, you'd have to know all the "combinations" for those 91 pieces, but once you have that...

A similar thought would require twelve templates. Figure out your domino "size". Then, make the template so that each piece fits into a mortise (really more like a depression) on your jig, with the holes on the other side. This will hold the domino as you drill from the layout on the other side.

Coloring the dots is an entirely different proposition. I'd use a sharpie on holly, but that's the lazy way out... perhaps something with veneers?

Now we're brainstorming !

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I will keep the thoughts in mind on building the templates myself. My lazy side just wants to buy the templates but that may not be possible. Now you havet stired my creative side on the colors. Starting to look at making my own exotic veneer plywood for this project. doing some research now on possible color combo's

If anyone is interested in trading the templates for a completed set - I don't mind as I have to layup enough plywood material for about 6 sets.

PS I have a layout of the 91 tile for anyone interested in making the template.

I've thought about this as well, as my parents are mexican domino fiends.

That Rockler jig gives me an idea. You'd have to do the measuring/layout first, and put it on a "template piece"... then to the drill press. In short, you'd be making your own template.

Of course, you'd have to know all the "combinations" for those 91 pieces, but once you have that...

A similar thought would require twelve templates. Figure out your domino "size". Then, make the template so that each piece fits into a mortise (really more like a depression) on your jig, with the holes on the other side. This will hold the domino as you drill from the layout on the other side.

Coloring the dots is an entirely different proposition. I'd use a sharpie on holly, but that's the lazy way out... perhaps something with veneers?

• 2 months later...

No sir ! Still looking, and wanting to start the project. any Ideas or help - thx

Well then lets develop one and sell it:) I have the CNC and acrylic all I need is a sketch and general idea how it needs to work. I would think a vix bit used to drill the holes?

Message me if you would like and maybe we could work something out?

RJ