Dr. Hacker's First Impressions

First impressions are important, especially to a consumer like me who’s still just getting started 9one year in) I am a HUGE Revo fan so the Jr looks like the official offspring of its predecessor.

Lets start with what makes the Revo great and why I invested in it.

1. It has excellent weight and heft. Defiantly does the job and can be used to counter weigh projects

2. Handle are big beefy and professional with a wide grip allowing for a more forceful tightening process 9and opening) so you can utilize that 1500lbs.s

3. Nice head size and clamping surface. Add a few cauls and there is huge pressure to surface are ratio, perfect for glue ups.

4. Removable heads for cleaning and size differentials

5. Head reversibility for expansion over clamping (I’ve even used it as a jack)

6. Pretty robust

7. End to end combinability for extended length

8. A large body bar that is pretty bend resistant even with long clamps, i still reverse directions on every other clamp for glue ups but it’s pretty on the money even if there all the same direction.

Initial JR. impression:

1. Good heft and weight to size 9i was pleasantly surprised especially to the uniklamp

2. Looks like money worth investment

3. I am concerned about its trueness during full open mouth clamping the bar looks a little thin but since the force is clamped in the width direction there may be enough to be ok.

4. The handle it’s ridiculous. This is the cheap handle from the older clamps, you have to change this and put a thicker one on, I would even just use the Revo one. The size is important for the force needed to crank it down. That said perhaps too easy of a gripping handle may lead to breaking clamps.

5. Love how it holds the jaws parallel well and has the removable heads.

6. Defiantly a more polished and ready to use compared to the uniklamp.

Uniklamp

1. Just looks cheap, that clamp you use for holding things to hammer

2. The handle for this is ok with the thin wood, fits it better.

3. Lacks the two little black supports that the revo’s have to level off the bar to a work piece.

4. Doesn’t balance well on its back jaws.

Ill keep writing. Just a start for now.

RIH