BTG Suggestions for Improvements / Things I really like

I thought I'd start a new topic so that I can consolidate my ideas for improvements and identify things I really like. Perhaps this can be the group brain dump, or perhaps everyone will just post on there own individual topic. I was just hoping to do my exit summary as I go and hopefully make it easy for Danette since she and Bessy have been so gracious in providing us .. well a butt load of clamps. :D Perhaps others will want to chime in here as well.

So I'll be making one post here and editing it until July 31 when the test ends. That way I can collect my ideas as I go. So you might want to check back periodically.

Ideas for improvement (so far) :ph34r: :

1. Have a mechanism / trigger that holds the jaws open. That would prevent the clamping handle and base from rocketing down the rail and squashing fingers. This comment would apply to both the Revo and the Revo Jr. I actually saw a YouTube a while back about a woodworker dad who wouldn't let his young woodworker son use clamps that would stay open for fear of hurting him. And I've always worried when it happens that it would bread the clamp beds.

2. Quality Control:

- Make sure the jaws are square to rail.

- Flat tops so clamps don't whack one in the noggin.

- I also read about some damage and burrs on the clamps that other testers experienced.

Things I really like (so far) :D :

1. Weight - I really like the weight of the Jrs. When you get to a 40" Kevo, it weights a lot and can be hard to handle. Don't get me wrong, I love the Kevo, but there are times when the Jrs. really fit the bill.

2. Price ??

• Bessey 12-inch K Body REVO Fixed Jaw Parallel Clamp, 2-Pack = $69.99 @ Amazon
  • No Jrs @ Amazon
  • 12 kevo jr Bessy clamps,2-Pack = $64.99 @Woodcraft
  • REVO Fixed Jaw Parallel Clamp, 12", Pair = $77.98

Well that's interesting .. :blink: Anyway, if the price works out to be lower for the Jrs, that would be something to really like.

3. UniKlamps - I'm really likin' these little guys. Some might think their lightness makes them feel cheap, but in my book they're lean and mean. I've been using them all over the place. Yeah, I'd make the handle a little bigger. But they're super little clamps for all kinds of jobs.

I also love that they push as well as clamp. What a nice feature that came in handy for my wall cabinet project.

4. Getting an really nice stash of clamps from Bessy! Yee Ha! Thanks again Marc and Bessy!! And thanks for helpin' me with my latest project.post-69-0-85961400-1311470257_thumb.jpg post-69-0-91945400-1311470247_thumb.png