looking for cheap people

ok i love the idea of making money without spending money and who isent a fan of free! well im looking for peoples tricks like this one http://lumberjocks.com/wdkits1/blog/8004 i am thinking of making a bunch of foam brushes

this is made out of high density foam pading but i can only find it at hobby stores. 49 dollers a yard. does anyone know of where i can get this high density pading free or almost free. maybe cheaper then a craft/art store i have no problem beging, dumpster diving, caniblizing stuff or ahem stealing.

mattresses/car seats/some cushions all except the really cheap stuff use it as far as i know but could be wrong.

im just afraid of geting pading that is dusty, dirty, stinky, stained ect.....thinking a little spilled milk and maybe a poopie cant be good for staining or finish work :) got to be selective about what i salvage.

im just afraid of geting pading that is dusty, dirty, stinky, stained ect.....thinking a little spilled milk and maybe a poopie cant be good for staining or finish work :) got to be selective about what i salvage.

"Honey, I love the new coffee table but why does it smell like White Castle farts?"