Unlevel Legs on a Table Build-Need Suggestions??

Hi All: OK, so I finished building a smaller version of the Shaker Table without a draw. It will be used to hold a Jewelry box that I made a few months back. Anyway, after gluing up, the legs do not sit even on a flat surface. Two of the legs are fine, however, the other two wobble a bit. They are about 1/8" from being even. I don't want to start trying to trim bits off of the longer legs at this point. I would rather slightly lengthen the shorter legs. So, how would you fix this problem? Funny thing is that all of the legs were cut together during construction & were the exact same length. The table is square at the top as well. So I am thinking that the Aprons were slightly out of line when I glued up the tenon joints. I am at a loss as to the best way to fix this without having to tear things apart. Any & all suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks, Steve

DONE!! What I wound up doing was using my Ridgid stationary belt sander & little by little sanded off the bottom of both legs which were longer than the other two legs. Took about 15 min. and now the table is absolutely level. I did the same thing on the upper section where the table top will attach as it was not flat. That section took a little longer but when I was done everthing was nice & flat. Now it's on to attaching the top & finishing the project!! Steve

• Like 1