Clamps have finally arrived!

After unpacking the generous amount of clamps I received today, I carried some of the smaller ones to the shop and then decided to check in here to see if any other reviews or comments had been made.

After reading a few of the comments, I took a closer look at the ones still in my office.

I initially noticed a small burr of metal sticking out of the rivet by the handle of the first Jr I looked at, yet it did not prevent me from later sticking it into my thumb when opening the clamp.

Perhaps the QC team missed it.

post-2470-0-90714900-1310437906_thumb.jp

Second Jr I tried to open was a bit sticky, and when trying to free the jaws, the handle popped out of the socket and was a bit difficult to reinsert. It does close, but when opening fully, it sometimes pops out again.

post-2470-0-53321500-1310437929_thumb.jp

The little black spacers to keep the lumber off of the clamps are varying heights, so would not be usefull to me in gluing up a panel.

I really do like the little leg at the end of the clamp used to keep it level, using the K clamps for many years, I am used to the balancing act required to not tip the project over when clamping.

These are relatively minor things, but first impressions are lasting...

I haved used Bessey products for about 30 years and do have a fair number of Bessey clamps (about 75 K series) as well as numerous Tradesman and specialty clamps, so I am used to the painted wooden handles and as Woodcanuck stated in his post, I quite enjoy them as well.

Perhaps it has to do with my dry hands; the wooden handles are quite easy for me to grab and twist to apply pressure.

Will post more once I get them all to my shop and can give them a decent workout.

Thanks to Bessey and Marc for making this trial possible, and I hope I can add something of value to the survey.