Port Townsend Wooden Boat festival

Dave H

I went to the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Fesival last year and it was a very nice day. I saw a demonstration of steam bending a sail boat hull, saw a guy building a strip kayak, there were exotic wood venders, and a demonstation of building a hollow mast. And then there's the boats if your in the area check it out I saw it advertised on the forum front page.

post-2926-0-11881600-1314227433_thumb.jppost-2926-0-13095000-1314227478_thumb.jp

I've been to this event quite a few times over the years, and it's always enjoyable. I plan to be there Saturday Sep 10. Here's a link that has some of the woodworking events that will be going on. This isn't a complete list, but it should be enough to get most woodworkers to show up! I also had Marc add the event to WTO Calendar.

http://www.ptwoodschool.com/wooden_boat_festival_2011.html

Mike

Looks like fun. Hotels and camp sites over their are all packed. We did long beach for a couple days and canon beach last week and they were packed even Portland was booked solid. We ended up using an overpriced fancy Portland hotel to avoid having to drive home. Whidby Island might have some rooms available.

Don

• 2 weeks later...