pipe clamp glue ups

trz

If using them under a piece, gravity usually does a pretty good job. If using them above, put a scrap piece under the bar between the bar and the workpiece and again gravity will keep them in place. Then when tightening them, hold the end so the bar doesn't rotate as you apply pressure.

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought some beast Bessy (stupid auto-correct!) pipe clamps. Each end has built in legs. REALLY nice feature! Keeps the clamps from rolling and also elevated your workpiece off the bench which I find quite convieniant since my bench is much less than flat and true. You can get them for under 13 bucks on Amazon. This won't help you with your current clamps but if you happen to be in the market for new clamps then I recommend these.

• 1 month later...

I mostly just use my Bessy bar clamps now but one method that worked for me is to make some tabletop horses to layup the panel stock on. Then a couple of small blocks are laid on top to keep the pipes off the panel. Then the pipe clamps laid on top of the blocks and clamped. Flip the whole rig over and clamp the other side.

Keeps the pipes clean and makes the cleanup easier.