free 50 watt bulbs

duckkisser

i came across these posts on dornob a site for inovative home desighns and ideas this guy uses pop bottles and sun light to light up a room. if you watch the video the guy uses a meter to find out how much light is being put out and it is around 50 watts. granted it depends on the sun light and northern countries might not get as much but it must be better then nothing. thinking of making some of these to hang in shed to light it up. going to make a box with one mounted in it so that i can demonstrait it to the kids in my classroom. this could be added to you garages and sheds to help cut the light bill wont need as much lighting. i wonder if it would be a good idea to make a entire roof out of double planes of plastic and water. might cut you heating bill as well since water holds heat longer then earth

http://dornob.com/so...iters-of-light/

im thinking of doing this to my entire peg board label my stuff write notes to myself usefull in all kinds of ways.

http://dornob.com/wr...d-home-objects/

http://craftathome.c...boardpaint.html recipe

acrylic paint large toob 12 dollers gallon

glazing medium 6 dollers gallon

5 LB tile groute is 8 dollers

impressing your friends and being a all around genious(hehe) priceless

It was my wife's idea to paint the back our our door from our kitchen to our garage with chalkboard paint. We use it to keep track of grocery lists, kid's schedules and other little lovely messages.

We had left over material so I painted the back of my shop door with it. Now I can keep track of to do lists, items to get, little messages from my kids and anything else that comes to mind. It is a great use of space and I see it everytime I close my shop door.

I found mine at Target in the school supplies department. but, that was 5 years ago or so. I use it on my wood working projects some times and keep a couple of pieces on the table saw just to write "face", "top", "bottom" or what ever on the lumber as I cut it.

As far as the "black board" paint goes, it can be found in the paint department of almost any store. I made black boards for the grand kids a few years ago.

Rog

i have seen it at hoby lobby, big lots, doller store, basicly anything that is not walmart type stores. or you can make it from egg shells but i dont think its worth it since you need like 300 eggs. the school shop had a chalk board from way back in the day its real slate i mounted it to the side of our wood rack and i draw on it all the time to figure out how to build something at a larger then life scale. but i can total see myself drawing on a wall puting in drawn doors windows over looking crazy landscapes ect...... maybe have norm stealing the pie on window sill.