glueing up panels with kreg joinery

Well I was glueing up some 9" panels 4 to be exact 2 at a time and they laid nice and flat on my pool table(My work table is a old pool table nice and flat), I used pocket screws every 5" total length 50" and now I checked on them 4 hrs later and 1 of them is showing signs of bowing I have it weighted down with cast iron now. I dont know if this will reverse the bow, what did I do wrong?

That is good to know. I just got the go ahead on a contract to remake a bunch of table tops at a restaurant where all of the tops are bowing badly. I had never heard the importance of maintaining uniform airflow around a project; well now that I am typing this it makes way too much sense. :P Glad I joined here today.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used pocket holes to glue up panels before. It didn't work out though because of the angle that the screw sits in and pulls the wood together at. Maybe that could also be a factor. I found that the top of the joint had less pressure than the bottom and that caused a bow.

Thats not the pocket screw its the jointing. I dont think pocket holes are really the right joinery for panel glue up but to each his own.

Don