scrap wood projects

duckkisser

i keep seeing people talking about making huge tables and work benches. things that can take weeks and months to make. how about more weekend projects. thinking of using up a bunch of scrap what is your favorite weekend projects? i personly am realy like making clocks similar to marc clock

These are some of my latest weekend projects.

saw till:

http://twitter.com/#....com%2FbkNMwVaS

Dan, I really like your saw till. By the way, I don’t want to hijack this post, but I also noticed your chisels. I couldn’t read the brand at the top of the handles, but it makes me suspect they’re Stanley Sweetheart socket chisels. Is that correct? If so, how do you like them? I have to purchase some planes, saws, and chisels before too long and was collecting opinions on hand tools other than Veritas, and Lie Nielsen.

I couldn’t read the brand at the top of the handles, but it makes me suspect they’re Stanley Sweetheart socket chisels. Is that correct?

They are indeed the Stanley Sweetheart chisels, They are not as pretty or refined as LN equivalents, but they where pretty flat new, and hold a good edge. In short i think they are worth what they cost.

Dan, I really like your saw till. By the way, I don’t want to hijack this post, but I also noticed your chisels. I couldn’t read the brand at the top of the handles, but it makes me suspect they’re Stanley Sweetheart socket chisels. Is that correct? If so, how do you like them? I have to purchase some planes, saws, and chisels before too long and was collecting opinions on hand tools other than Veritas, and Lie Nielsen.

hijack hijack im turning this plane around.......too soon?

on those pictures that was just simple mild steel. I had some 1/2 flat bar in the shop so that's what i first started using. I now have a bag of stainless steel ones that i had cut a local metal shop.

I have probably sold about 100 of them. I sell them mostly to people that drink micro brews. Most of the time you will not see a twist top on one of their bottles.

For the hole i found that 1-1/4 hole worked the best. I will pull the measurement for where the metal goes. It's just a simple 45 degree cut. I use a little clear epoxy to attach the metal.

I will draw up the plans with the measurements tonight and post them here for you guys.

on those pictures that was just simple mild steel. I had some 1/2 flat bar in the shop so that's what i first started using. I know have a bag of stainless steel ones that i had cut a local metal shop.

I have probably sold about 100 of them. I sell them mostly to people that drink micro brews. Most of the time you will not see a twist top on one of there bottles.

For the hole i found that 1-1/4 hold worked the best. I will pull the measurement for where the metal goes. It's just a simple 45 degree cut. I use a little clear epoxy to attach the metal.

I will draw up the plans with the measurements tonight and post them here for you guys.

That's awesome, thanks!!!!

on those pictures that was just simple mild steel. I had some 1/2 flat bar in the shop so that's what i first started using. I now have a bag of stainless steel ones that i had cut a local metal shop.

I have probably sold about 100 of them. I sell them mostly to people that drink micro brews. Most of the time you will not see a twist top on one of their bottles.

For the hole i found that 1-1/4 hole worked the best. I will pull the measurement for where the metal goes. It's just a simple 45 degree cut. I use a little clear epoxy to attach the metal.

one of the teachers at school does alot of micro brewing in his house maybe ill see if he wants to buy one.....he already said he wants a carrier to put a 6 pack in. or maybe ill make a trade he was talking about making some beer with smoked cherry from the shop.

so is your saw till portable? like to put all my tools on caddies so i can pick up all my drill stuff in one go.

• 1 month later...

I am sorry that I did not get these up when I said I would. Better late then never as they say. So here is the link to the pdf of the drawing it really is only dimensions. The rest is all artistic license. http://dl.dropbox.co...ttle_opener.pdf if you have questions you can email me them at charles.devere@gmail.com with the subject bottle opener.