Webcams?

leitefrog

If you go to thewoodwhisperer.com/live you will see a blue box just to the right of the chat window. If you see some names listed there, those are the names of folks that are casting live. The number of people varies from day to day. But usually there is someone casting.

I chat and cam and video and generally annoy a lot of folk. :)

One great reason I see for the cams is if you are working alone and have an accident, other members can try to alert authorities such as an ambulance. Maybe if we all start to use manycam as the software to run the webcams, we could put a scrolling message with an emergency number on it? Doesn't have to be the ambulance service, it could be a firiends number. I know this could be open to abuse, so another option is to give some details to other forum members that you trust who you know will be a good chance of watching.

Other than the saftey aspect, I usually only broadcast while I am making something in my garage.

thanks for chiming in. My problem was I usually check the site with my iPod Touch, so the java pages showing who's streaming don't work. Now I'm trying to subscribe to you guys on uStream so I can find you using their app. Post your uStream channel if you can.

I'm usually casting in the evening and weekends when I don't have something going on with the family. Right now I'm in the process of spray shellacing 4 drawers for a large cabinet build and doing test boards for a finish on the rest of the cabinets. You might just see a large plastic curtain :o

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tim-s-woodworking-shop

What software and camera set ups do you guys use to 'cast? I currently don't have anything, but thought about setting up something when I get the shop working... in Spring. (It's an outdoor shop, so that means sun glare.)