New at Rockler

Len

I saw those and thought they might be useful but at $75 for a set of 4 they're a bit out of my budget.

Do let us know how they worked out and if they're worth the price.

I do like the idea - I have a number machines on rolling bases but just setting the wheel lock never makes them feel 100 percent stable. On the surface this looks like a good solution.

I saw those and thought they might be useful but at $75 for a set of 4 they're a bit out of my budget.

Do let us know how they worked out and if they're worth the price.

I do like the idea - I have a number machines on rolling bases but just setting the wheel lock never makes them feel 100 percent stable. On the surface this looks like a good solution.

They are pricy but they work well. Good quality wheels are probably a lot of the price. I tried the Woodcraft version that is really made for splayed legs and they were awlful - but in their defense I was trying to modify them to do something they were not designed to do. As above, I couldn't find anything else like this. There are a few high end casters/levelers but I didn't want to get into all that. I just need to move my bench now and then.

CarryMaster casters are the best if you want stability. I have them under my bandsaw and my assembly table. If you need to move them often, it's not the best choice. For me, the bandsaw is generally in a great place except when cutting something really long, in which case I can swivel the saw a different albeit less convenient orientation to do the cut. Same with the assembly table: I need to move it once every 4-6 months and don't want to be dependent on herding cat... er, neighbors to help move it twice. You'd never know either is on casters.

I did a review of the casters here.

In typical Woodcraft form, they directly cloned the CarryMaster AC-300 casters and sell them for $99. Sure it is more than these on this thread, but they are rock solid, which may be a consideration.