kneading/cutting board

ediazf

third time writing all the post!!!! I am two seconds from destroying my laptop! (something happen and when I press the backspace button chrome goes to a past page!)

anyway, again,

I want to make a cutting/kneading board for my grandma, I have only some poplar left from another project and I want to use it. I am not making it an end grain board, just too fancy.

I wanna to make it a little special, not the usual plain color board so I thought I should put some different colors, something like this board_cut_8x10_thumb.jpg

but, as I said I have only poplar, so, is there some staining option I could use that is food compatible?

thanks!

ill take a picture of a cutting board that i have been working on that you might want to make........been puting off showing it till i got done witht he rest of my presents. this cutting board has a small box on the bottom that acts as a set of legs and holds my spices that i us on the grill i have also made it so there is space for a knife to fit into the back safely out of the way and sheethed. desighned it so that it is small enough to carry to the grill cut up some meat or veggies spice and cook.

well I find some pieces of oak I had, really narrow, but enough to make some laminate lines..

how about the finish? I am from chile, and I always have problems finding the finishes everyone talks about on the internet here.. here there is little little brands, types and the are poorly labeled as to know what the are made of etc..

well I find some pieces of oak I had, really narrow, but enough to make some laminate lines..

how about the finish? I am from chile, and I always have problems finding the finishes everyone talks about on the internet here.. here there is little little brands, types and the are poorly labeled as to know what the are made of etc..

could always go with wax easy fast and it is food safe

ya im not shure what you would break it down with mineral spirits works to make you own finishing wax but i dont think you want to eat that. but i think you can just heat it up in a little camp stove and a pot dedicated to wax. you will have to do some research on wax finishes.