highlandhardwoods.com in Brentwood NH, anyone been?

ryandetzel

Ryan - I have never used them, but I have read many positive comments about them on another forum I frequent. They are over 1.5 hrs away from me, so I've never tried them. Downes&Reader in Stoughton is closer to me, and they also have a good selection and good prices.

Ryan - I have never used them, but I have read many positive comments about them on another forum I frequent. They are over 1.5 hrs away from me, so I've never tried them. Downes&Reader in Stoughton is closer to me, and they also have a good selection and good prices.

John,

Does Joe Shultz still have the sawmill on rt 106 in Foxboro?

John,

Does Joe Shultz still have the sawmill on rt 106 in Foxboro?

Hi Rick - I honestly do not know. If it's the place I know of....it never really looked "active", although a builder we used a few years ago claimed that's where he got some of his material when needed (special orders). There's been some activity there the past few months - looks like a new house was built on the property - although I have to say I sstill don't know of any milling activity there.

Do you know him? I've often thought of stopping by to see what he has to sell, but I wondered if I'd be chased off with a shotgun ;-)

Hi Rick - I honestly do not know. If it's the place I know of....it never really looked "active", although a builder we used a few years ago claimed that's where he got some of his material when needed (special orders). There's been some activity there the past few months - looks like a new house was built on the property - although I have to say I sstill don't know of any milling activity there.

Do you know him? I've often thought of stopping by to see what he has to sell, but I wondered if I'd be chased off with a shotgun ;-)

You might be. He looked like half-crazed Amish. All I ever bought from him was some rough sawn pine. It was nice enough and not too pricey.