Christmas gift

dwacker

Nice, I don't have the patience for marquetry nor the artistic talent. I can draw a stick man but that's about it.

Don

I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. ;) and don't have the greatest artistic talent but I love the process of scroll saw and marquetry work. All of the patterns I've done so far were drawn by others. I get my patterns from scroll sawer mag, from the folks in our local marquetry club and every now and then from my wife who does have artistic talent. Me? well I just do cut and glue work.

It's strange how tastes go. I started out a few years ago building a shop and buying tools to do cabinetry (which I was very interested in at the time) but then I saw what some people were doing with marquetry and I was hooked. Now I spend most of my shop time cutting bits of veneer.

Who knows how long I'll do these kinds of projects. A couple of months ago I took a class in putting marquetry on turnings and ended up using a lathe for the first time. Got say there might a lathe in my shop next year and the family might be getting wooden blows next Christmas...