will this work for wood?

Pbmaster11

It will. Certainly, that's what it means when it refers to "stitch and glue boatbuilding". Two concerns I would have would be clamping pressure, and optimum temperature. Both questions could be answered by the manufacturers customer support staff. You want to make sure it cures in a reasonable amount of time at the temperatures where you work. The clamping pressure could go anywhere from "contact pressure" to "high pressure". Find the recommended range.

According to the specs, yes it will work fine for wood. And it's actually a pretty decent price for an epoxy kit. That being said it's a brand that I'm not familiar with so can't comment on the quality or specifics of use. Biggest factor IMO given the quantity is the shelf life? Some epoxies don't have one, others do. As far as strength of bond, it will out-do any 1 part wood glues.. And, another bonus is that it's a clear cure; can be used as base coats for finishing (if you choose). You'll have to go over top with something else for the topcoat but it saves a ton of building time if you're looking for the mirror finish.

I took another look over their site, looks like it a slow cure resin/hardener mix (they suggest a 12 hours window before it's cured as a working surface). Couldn't find the MSDS for their products, I think you'll have to call and talk to them (remember to ask about shelf life)..

As far as a top coat over the epoxy, depends on what you're using it for and if it will be exposed to sunlight. If it's for a piece of furniture in the middle of the house that never sees direct sun then it can probably be left as is (although a high gloss for interior stuff looks a little out of place :) IMO.. If it's going to be in the sun, then you'll need to use a finish that has UV absorbers (most likely something thats rated for exterior use)..

Hope this helps!