Does new Incra miter gauge need calibration?

Nick2cd

As i typed out the title to this thread, i thought to myself, "this is a stupid question....of course it needs calibration". But, the lazy/hopeful side of me forced me to continue typing. So i ask, does a brand new incra 1000HD miter gauge need to be calibrated or can i cut tight 45's right out of the box? im hoping Santa has one under the tree for me this year.

I'm afraid I can't give you an answer; but my gut is agreeing with you that it will :( I use an Osborn miter gauge which I would think is the same caliber as the Incra and I had to do some minor adjustments. Mostly to the miter bar (expanding the set screws so it was tight in the slot to prevent wiggle that way). But that was mostly it...

Show Santa some love (never hurts to grease the wheels :)); I hope you get it!

The incra is square to the miter track but you will have to make sure the miter track is square to the miter slot, using the extra bushings and adjustment expanders. Its great for angled cuts but I went back to my cross cut sled for my 90 degree cuts as it protects me from tear out and gives me a cleaner cut.