shipping cross country????

Hello all and Merry Christmas! So, I decided to build a crib for my daughter's first born. It's done and it came out great, now the real problem....I've got to ship it from West Virginia to Spokane, Washington. I'm lucky enough to have had a friend save me the box and all packing materials his crib came in the only thing is it's too large to ship at all via USPS and for Fed-Ex it's has to go freight at a cost of over $1000 and UPS it has to go freight as well but for A LOT less. The box measures 64x48x8 1/2 and weighs in somewhere around 65-70 pounds. My question is this; does anybody have any alternative methods for shipping cross country that maybe I'm not aware of? She's due in March so I'd like it to be there by late Jan early Feb. Thanks for any input.

I commonly have fedex freight deliver lumber from maryland to wisconsin (last load was (12) 6" x 10' x 6/4 along with (2) 4x8 sheets of ply and it was around $250 give or take... Weight was roughly #700... I know it is cheaper if you're able to have it delivered to a business address rather than a personal. Might not be a bad idea to check with your daughter to see if she knows someone (or maybe her employer?) that would be willing to allow delivery.. I seem to remember it's about 10-15% less

Good luck!

Tandem,recumbent, and proken-down industrial trike bicycles are shipped all the time via, UPS Oversize, in boxes larger than yours. It costs more than a typical box, but it happens, and for far, far, less than $1000. More like $100-$125...

CALL UPS or FedEx Ground and talk to a human.

FWIW, My 500 pound stand-up PM mortiser and Performax 22-44 were shipped to me on Amazon's dime. Both were air freighted to Connecticut. The mortiser was ~ $900 and the sander ~ $1500 at time of purchase.