Deals at the woodworking shows?

I went to the one in Denver, and I wouldn't say that I noticed any particularly good deals. At least nothing better than you can find by shopping around a little bit. I think if you're setting up your shop it's certainly worth going so you can see a large selection of tools all in one place.

I think wood working shows are more for showing off the latest and greatest from the manufactures and comparing one brand or style with another than for selling at lower prices. It is a learning experience not a flea market. You will save yourself a lot of money making wise decisions on the tools that you need than saving 10% on a set of chisels.

Rog

I just got a SWEET deal on some Stanley sweetheart 750 chisels at the Baltimore show. One of the vendors was selling them individually for $12.50! They didn't have every size for sal individually, but I bought four. I'm so happy! :-)

Overall the show was good. There were a lot of guilds and clubs there. Also quite a few demonstration stages. I don't really go for those, but I know some people do, so I think it's a good thing.

Jonathan

===================================