Craftsman chair layout

I am making a set of craftman chairs for an outdoot dining set. I have laid out one set of parts and I am ready to begin cutting mortise and tenons. I spent a lot of time laying out all the mortises on these chair parts.

My question is if there is an more repeatable way to layout the holes on multiple pieces at a time to reduce the layout time? I have hand measured each mortise with a straightedge to make sure it is laid our correctly in each piece. I keep thinking there must be an easier/quicker way to do this that will give me consistent results.

Thanks for your time and any assistance.

Brian

Indianapolis

Your really only need to lay out one chair. Once you cut all your rough parts for all the chairs just cut all the parts. For example cut all the LF legs then move on to the next part. When you set up for each cut use stops so that everything is identical. It really shouldn't take much more time to make eight chairs than it does one chair.

Don

Thanks guys. I can make a story board for each part that would layout the positioning of the mortises and I have tried to use a marking guage, but didn't feel right, maybe I just need to get comfortable with it. I think this would speed it up for me.

Thanks

Brian