Bed Design help.

http://www.bassettfu...eath-DZ1075.asp

My wife wants me to build a bed similiar to this in design. My first ever woodworking project was a bed frame. But I was so new I didn't even know the difference between a hardwood and a softwood. Either way, with a new addition coming to the house here in about 8 months (Yes, we just found out she is pregnant haha) We will need the extra storage. My biggest question is about the drawers underneath. Is the drawer carcass attached to the bed frame, or do you think it just nicely fits between the headboard and footboard? And if you do think there is some kind of knock down joinery to hold the drawer carcass is place, can you explain how you would go about doing it?

Yes, I would assume this is three pieces. Footboard, storage box and headboard. It might even be four, there could be two different storage cabinets side by side. If this were mine, I would use 3/4" ply for all parts on the storage boxes, make them sturdy. Make two so they're easier to move. Then the foot and headboards can be fastened from the inside of the storage boxes with some screws .